17 May 2015

#BuqoYA 4: Heart Choices


Yay! We're promoting #BuqoYA Bundle 4 this week!

HEART CHOICES

Sometimes it’s hard to choose. Do you stay or do you let go? Should you become friends, more than friends, or stay strangers? Would you risk love for popularity? You’re invited to explore these stories and find out each character’s choice from the heart.

Barely Even Friends by Kristel S. Villar

For pretty and athletic Emily Fonseca, nothing’s better than getting invited to join Luna East Arts Academy’s most popular crowd, the Elites. She only has to fulfill a list of dares to prove that she’s got what it takes. But will it cost Emily her rekindled friendship with language tutor and childhood friend Noah Calderon?

Excerpt

“Someone’s coming!” he announced, walking towards me in panic.

I quickly stuffed the paper inside my pocket and closed the drawer in haste. I watched Noah scan the room to look for a place to hide, and tugged me on my elbow when he saw a door at the corner of the room. He pushed me roughly inside just in time the front door opened.

We were in a dark and tiny broom closet. The air stank of floor wax, dust, and wood, making my nose itch. I reached up to rub my nose, but my elbow caught one of the shelves and it made a soft clatter. Noah seized my arm and cupped my mouth with his other hand, hushing me to keep me still.

“Hello?” the female voice asked. I recognized it as one of our substitute teachers, but I couldn’t remember her name.

We stood there for God knows how long as we listened to the shuffling of papers. I felt Noah’s chest rise and fall, and his hot breath on my forehead. I felt the way my small frame measured to his lean build, and the warmth of his hand holding my arm. I closed my eyes, feeling the skin of his palm on my lips and inhaling the scent of his cologne amidst the stench of the closet.

Stop it, Emily, I scolded myself.

The room fell silent a few minutes later. I pulled his hand away from my mouth and leaned over the door to get a better hearing but Noah pulled me back in his arms, perhaps afraid that I would make another noise.

“Do you think she’s gone?” I hissed at him.

“I dunno. I haven’t heard the door open yet. Keep still,” he whispered back.

Guest Post: What inspired me to write my book

All of us go through that phase in high school where we seek validity of our existence by wanting to be part of something. We feel that being popular means being important, and that being loyal to friends means doing everything they say. Some teenagers search for these things at the wrong places and the wrong people, and many of us are still the same teenagers who continue to look for real and true friends by wanting to be part of this clique in the office or getting associated with that kind of people. I wanted to touch on this subject with the hope of inspiring readers (teenagers or not) that friendships are earned and reciprocated. In a way, I’m still that teenager, so I guess writing this story was also a gentle reminder to myself that friendship is a two-way process.

About Kristel S. Villar

Kristel S. Villar covers sporting events for a national broadsheet by day and tries to write fiction by night. In between, she takes care of her husband and son. She has penned “Blast from Two Pasts,” a contemporary romance novella, and “The Rumor About Me,” her first short story for the Luna East anthology. Her second Luna East short story, “One on One” is featured in the quarterly online romance journal, Clara (www.clararomance.com).


Buy it now! Buqo


Until the Race is Over by Lyka Caparos

Rico wishes Lianne back in his life, but because of that viral article that Traecy posted on their school paper's website, it appears to be impossible for them to be together again. Traecy on the other hand, had only one wish for her birthday, to spend it with the one she admires since high school – Rico Avila. How can fate brings the two together in a race that would definitely reveal small discoveries that can lead to two choices: either to tear them apart or hope for a more unexpected relationship?

About Lyka Caparos

Because I want something in my life that I think is better than pursuing a degree that is far beyond the expectations of my heart.


Buy it now! Buqo

In That Summer by Jayen San Diego

Senior high school student Jane Enriquez is the ‘dream-girl’ of all male students at Southridge Montessori. Well, except the geeky student leader Sean Villamayor. Opposing from the start, Sean never expected Jane would become his partner for this year’s Summer Camp Immersion. Will this be their worst summer? Or will it turn out to be different?

About Jayen San Diego

Who I am?

I'm Jayen San Diego, a twenty-something who write stories mostly about love. I'm a news archivist by day, fiction writer by night and a self-confess Fangirl in between.

Why I write?

“In order to write about life first you must live it.” 
Ernest Hemingway

They say when we want a moment to last, we close our eyes. Well, for me, I prefer to write it down. Reliving the moments through writing is what I do.

What I write?

Sharing my thoughts about life and love and writing.

From personal anecdotes to life opinions, you can read it here. When my melancholic side is on, you can read poetic post but generally it is a mirror of what’s happening in my daily life.


 Buy it now! Buqo

On the Outside Looking In by Claire Du

Seventeen-year-old Freya Mahilum has always been in love with football hotshot Ezra Montelibano. Ezra, who’s too caught up with family pressures and his so-called girlfriend to pay attention to a geek obsessed with him. Freya knows she'd never stand a chance with him, but then fate conspires to bring them together. Will getting to know each other prove that love knows no boundaries or will they find that they're better off existing in two separate worlds?

About Claire Du

Claire has been a bookworm ever since she can remember. Her passion for reading started when she met Archie Andrews at the Airport Bookshop. Aside from writing short stories, she also enjoys reading and reviews at http://thebookjunkie.weebly.com, playing the keyboard, and just cuddling with her dog Frou. She's the author of He Loves Me... Not?, one of the short stories in an anthology called Luna East Vol.1 : Kids These Days.



What About Today by Dawn Lanuza

Aiden's stuck working for his family's amusement park, Funtastic World, for the whole summer. Nothing amuses him, until he met this terrified girl.

Gemma's stuck in Funtastic World thinking she could handle the park's rides. She couldn't. Good thing she met someone to guide her.

As the day comes to a close, Aiden and Gemma ask themselves if one day is ever enough to decide if they were better off as friends or strangers.

About Dawn Lanuza

Dawn Lanuza started writing stories when she was just a kid (the drafts weren't good or even finished). She works for the music industry by day and writes meet cutes and snappy comebacks by night. She currently lives with her family and an adopted dog.


 Buy it now! Buqo

Waiting for Whatever by Fay Sebastian

Denise knew pain at an early age. She has been waiting for her true love since she was 11, but she never gave up, knowing she'd meet him someday.

What she didn't know was that she already met the man she's been waiting for, and that he's sitting beside her at the airport. The thought never crossed her mind because she's seated between two guys who broke her heart before.

About Fay Sebastian

Fay started writing stories since she learned how to write with a pencil, but she only rediscovered her love for writing when she was a high school freshman. Since then, writing has become her life.

Now a Speech Communication student at the University of the Philippines, she writes even during the busiest of days because writing prevents her from being a college zombie.

Why she holds writing instruments in an odd way will always be a mystery to the world.


Buy it now! Buqo

Giveaways!

Powerbank from Buqo! (PH residents only)
Join here!

Fun package from Japan! (International)
Join here



No comments: